Thursday, November 29, 2012

verisimilitude

I've always loved this word.  It just rolls off the tongue.  And it sounds so sophisticated.  As far as first impressions go it may be a little strong.  I mean  - you're a dork weed if you actually use the word verisimilitude.  Its pretentious.  One smart dork I guess though. 

How would you use the word?  I think I could fit in it somewhere with tooth-whitener:   "Despite the daily intake of black coffee and staggering amounts of red wine, the tooth whitening treatments gave verisimlitude to the fluorscently white smile of the beautiful woman".   I don't know.  I'm still a little unsure.  And my grammer sucks.  Cool word though.

There are many things in this word that give the appearance of being true or real.  J.D. knew it all along.   

1 comment: