Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stats

Blogs have this tool where you can check the STATS of the activity.  See how many page views they've gotten, which page was most popular, etc.  My stats kind of suck lately.  One must write in order to maintain readership.  My mother doesn't even read this thing (at least I don't think so). 

So, anyway.  I'm alive.  I'm getting gray.  Really bringing on the gray.  And I think my poor vision is going poorer.  I thought my eyes had fallen off the cliff a long time ago but it turns out they can get worse.  That first cliff was just a little talus field.  Didn't see the big drop coming.  Forty is kind of sucking for me in all kinds of ways.  But there is beauty even in the bad days.  There still days anyway.   

Along those lines:  I pulled my left calf in my bootcamp workout yesterday morning.  That muscle is good for nothing.  Fails me all the time.  And then I have to sit for days on end trying to rub out the pain.  An office worker shouldn't have to endure such things.  Bootcamp has been going well this year - Crossfit set me up pretty well.  I can almost slip an extra burpie between the cadence they call out whereas in years past I was praying for the count to end.   I'm probably physically stronger upper body than I have been in years.  I can kip 100 pull-ups in short order - which is really amazing to me.

My kids are super great.  They both did amazingly well in baseball and are now putting some quality time in the water swimming for the community pool near our home.  Good days for sure. I signed up for a marathon in November.  Still enjoy a ride now and then when I can find the time.  And swimming still enters my mind on a daily basis. 

There.  I wrote something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment