Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What age will we be in heaven?

I was in the middle of it.  Picked the kids up from school.  Let the dog out.  Piled the books on the kitchen table, Finn to my left, Liam to my right:  homework ensued.  To the right we worked first on the Assyrians, then the Babylonians, right there between the Tigris and the Euphrates.  Oh my.  Then on my left flank we knocked out a crossword puzzle, discussed the values of the tens place compared to the hundreds, and finished by memorizing the second half of the books of the old testament.  Oh, but wait - there's the dog scratching at the door, and the oven chimed finally pre-heated for the chicken strips, and the peas are boiling over, and Liam wants a glass of apple cider, and Finn needs me to sign something from school, then a knock at the door from a neighbor with the check for the school fundraiser (to replace the check from three weeks earlier that we ran though the wash)  then Zeke snagged a piece of bread and butter from the counter top when I wasn't looking,  and, and....I thought I was going to explode. 

I did in fact explode. 

The type of parental explosion that quickly requires an apology.  So, after calming, after looking at my two sweet angels, my offspring, the product of my life....I decided to go running.  "Boys, I'm going running.  Be back in 25 minutes".  That's all it took.  I was back in the game when I returned.  And, it was then that Finn asked an interesting question. 

"Dad, what age will we be when we are in heaven?"

3 comments: